|Alliance to Restore the Republic|
Alliance to Restore the Republic
Military resistance movement
|Chief of State||Jamella Organa|
|Jedi Grandmaster||Kyle Katarn|
|Jedi Battlemaster||Talben Foelin|
Chief of State
TTverse AU Star Wars Galaxy
|Source • Talk •|
The Alliance to Restore the Republic, also known simply as the Rebel Alliance, or Rebellion, was a loose alliance of planetary insurrectionist factions dedicated to restoring the ancient Galactic Republic.
The origins of the Alliance date back to around 30(?) years prior to the Battle of Ossus. Rich families primarily from the planets of Alderaan and Naboo (among various others) reached out to the Jedi Order to help them form an organization that would act as a beacon of hope to refugees looking for shelter from the Sith Empire. The Alliance was able to form an underground network of safehouses in the form of an underground railroad to relocate refugees. The underground railroad has successfully saved thousands of lives that would have otherwise perished at the hands of the Sith.
Although the refugee relocation system has been widely effective, most battles against the Sith Empire have been disastrous. Every attempted planetary rebellion to date has ended in absolute ruin. Darth Kalliste keeps the Rebel Alliance crushed underneath her heel and constantly forces them to have to move their military operations elsewhere. Carefully planned guerilla missions have proven to be the Rebellion's most successful way of striking back.
The Rebel Alliance maintains a presence on a limited number of planets. Each of these planets grants the Rebellion a perk in some form or another. It should be noted that not all of these planets are fully controlled by the Rebellion, and in some cases, they are having to live right beside the Sith.
- Alderaan: Contains an underground rebel base and numerous safe houses. Provides the Rebellion with increased finances.
Ossus: Contained a sizable rebel base and a Jedi enclave. It was also the site of the Great Jedi Library, which provided the Jedi Order with vital knowledge.
- Bothuwai: Contains numerous small-scale rebel bases. It's the home of the Bothan Spy Net, which provides the Rebel Alliance with much needed intelligence.
Naboo: Another safehouse planet. Like Alderaan, it provides the Rebellion with increased finances.
- Kashyyyk: Contains a medium-sized rebel base. Thanks to the overgrown jungle environment, the base is difficult to detect, and thus well-hidden.
- Polis Massa: Contains a sizable rebel base. Considered the main headquarters of the Rebel Alliance Navy due to the presence of a small ship repair yard.
- Rhen Var: Contains a massive rebel base complete with ground-to-space defenses. Although dangerously close to the "Gordian Reach" space lane, Rhen Var rarely receives any visitors and has a near non-existent Imperial presence.
- Ilum: The site of another Jedi Enclave. Ilum is particularly useful because it provides lightsaber crystals to the Jedi Order.
Dantooine: Contains some minor safehouses. Considered to be of little strategic value. Placement of additional facilities is not recommended as the Sith Empire is aware of it's usage by the Jedi during the KOTOR-era.
- Hypori: In the process of having a rebel base established upon it.
Military Assets Edit
- MC80 Liberty type Star Cruiser
- Hammerhead-class Cruiser
- EF76 Nebulon-B Escort Frigate
- CR70 Corvette
- CR90 Corvette
- Marauder-class Corvette
- GR-75 Medium Transport
- RZ-1 A-wing Interceptor
- Z-95 Headhunter
- Liberator-class Starfighter